Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Show, the show, the SHOW!

Congratulations to all exhibitors on making it through our first ever show hosted at Briarquest Farm by Lindsay Hayes Equestrian! Everyone did a fantastic job, horses behaved themselves, the weather was perfect, photography was great, facility was immaculate....what a success!

Thanks to our judge and morning ring steward for a phenomenal job. We are excited to share with exhibitors the feedback for each individual from the judge on their score sheet.

Thanks to all of our very gracious prize donors. Everyone who showed came away with a prize, or two... how great was that?! We had everything from fly masks and show sheen, to picture frames, bath soaps and chia pets!

Congratulations also to our High Point Winners on their outstanding performances!

Thanks again to Janice for allowing us to host the show at her beautiful facility, AND...

TO THE VOLUNTEERS! You know who you are, coffee makers, poop pickers, sweepers, mounting block movers, announcers, number pinners, horse feeders, etc, etc, etc. The show would not be able to happen without YOU!

Very, very, very VERY special thanks to Nicole. My wingman, co-entry office director, show coordinator, prize donator, stay-up-to-midnight helper outer and very talented coach and exhibitor.

Photos will be available online towards the middle of the week, I will post a link ASAP.


On a personal note, what a thrill it was for me to see everyone out there doing their thing. I was delighted to have the unique opportunity to introduce children, parents and adults to the horse show world in what I hope was a very positive, supportive and encouraging environment. I was moved by the response and support from parents (including my own!), grandparents, uncles and aunts, brothers and sisters and friends. A lot of spectators don't realize the courage it takes for young and not-as-youngf to mount a 1,000 lb animal and try to remember all the details of their classes and pattern. I sincerely hope everyone felt supported by me, their family and friends, the volunteers and by other exhibitors. I hope everyone had some sense of the pride I felt watching each person in the ring, knowing that I had some sort of impact in their being there. I hope students continue to enjoy lessons and training sessions, and that everyone felt a sense of accomplishment after the show. I would appreciate any feedback, comments and questions you may have during the next few weeks now that the excitement is dying down. Once again thank you, I hope everyone will cherish this memory as I know I will!
Thank you and Congratulations everyone!
Lindsay

No comments: